Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Poem: "Refreshed by Beauty."


I am refreshed through Beauty –
whether the sublime tones of music,
            that liquid art, that flowing creativity!
or through the concrete traces of art,
            though solid, flows
            though firm, moves
            though unchangeable, changes
or, perhaps, the ethereal reaches of the sky
            with its empyreal heights
            and the Sun on its throne,
                        directing all beneath it. 
I am revitalized – brought to life –
as I see my pen form letters
            and letters, words
            and words, phrases
            and phrases, poetry,
                        literature, story, myth

What is the role of the Artist, I wonder?
To capture Beauty, or to set it free?
            To create Beauty, or to organize it?
And how is it that such a thing
can restore my bleeding life
            which drains as I live
            and seeps away – –

Until, again, I am refreshed by Beauty.
 
(Ian Edward Caveny, 08/06/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment